What we collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. Information we collect from you may include:
- Identity information, such as your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Profile information, such as your username and password, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us; and
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically record certain information about how you use our Site (we refer to this information as “Log Data“). Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Site to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Site are used by a user, search terms, the links on our Site that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Service by expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our users’ needs and preferences.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide our service
We will use your personal information inthe following ways:
- To enable you to access and use the Services
- To provide and deliver products and services that you may request.
- To send information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
To comply with law
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
To communicate with you
We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
To optimize our platform
In order to optimize your user experience, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Services. We may also use your information to respond to your comments and questions regarding the Services, and to provide you and other users with general customer service.
With your consent
We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Site, you instruct us to take a specificaction with respect to your personal information, or you opt into third party marketing communications.
For compliance, fraud prevention, andsafety
We may use your personal information toprotect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Business Transfers. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- Professional Advisors and Service Providers. We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. These recipients may include third party companies and individuals to administer and provide the Service on our behalf (such as bill and credit card payment processing, customer support, hosting, email delivery and database management services), as well as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Other. You may permit us to share your personal information with other companies or entities of your choosing. Those uses will be subject to the privacy policies of the recipient entity or entities.
We may also share aggregated and/oranonymized data with others for their own uses.
HOW INFORMATION IS SECURED
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We employ industry standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interceptionor interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, biometrics, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our digital services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of any of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Accessing, Updating, Correcting, and Deleting your Information
You may access information that you have voluntarily provided through your account on the Services, and to review,correct, or delete it by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information and preferences.
If you are under the age of majority inyour jurisdiction of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent orlegal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently we will delete that information.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND SHARING
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you regarding services, promotions, surveys and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us using the information below. You can also opt out by following the instructions located at the bottom of any commercial emails messages you may receive.
Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted by applicable law. For example, you may not opt out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you, or important notifications regarding the Services we are providing to you, such as service-related announcements (e.g., if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance).
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SITE
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties, including those that operate Site to which our Site links. The inclusion of alink on our Site does not imply that we or our affiliates endorse the practices of the linked Site.
In the event that our Site links to other Sites that include our branding, this Privacy Notice does not apply to those other Sites. Visitors to those Sites are advised to carefully read the notices on those individual Sites.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer based on professional qualities and expert knowledge of data protection law and practices. The Data Protection Officer is tasked with ensuring that we always comply with our responsibilities under applicable data protection legislation.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
or write to the DPO:
FAO Data Protection Officer
Original Works, Inc.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy, and you may contact us at:
or write to us at:
Original Works, Inc.
11101440 Central Ave STE 14
Albany, NY 12205
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800)952-5210.
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the personal information we collect from you, please see the “What We Collect” section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Personal Information” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “Sharing ofPersonal Information” section above. Company does not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out).
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.